Sunday, September 2, 2007

All around the mulberry bush...

...the monkey chased the weasel. That's the tune that just came blaring through my front windows as the ice cream truck made a five-point turn to head out of our cul-de-sac. So this is Honduras. I look out the front door and see the sky, smiling a beautiful shade of blue. A more brilliant blue than you would ever see in Southern California. And it is dappled with the typical Cumulonimbus clouds that make it a breathtaking sight every time. (the picture doesn't do it justice)

I can faintly hear the sound of the neighborhood kids, while the dogs have taken a brief cessation from their barking. The unusually cool Honduran afternoon is beckoning me to come outside, yet here i sit. The weekend is rapidly coming to a close, and I have so much to do to prepare for class tomorrow. Lesson plans to fix, a sore throat to tend to, and enough curriculum to read to keep me busy for days. Thankfully I can take "make cookies" off my list as I just finished the third batch of those delicious pieces of heaven that I have made in the past week. I am seriously their biggest walking advertisement right now. And here I am writing on my blog. I better get back to work, so that I will be able to go to the soccer game this afternoon at the big stadium downtown. It should be exciting, I've never been to a professional soccer game, so it will be fun. Please keep my health and my sanity in your prayers if you don't mind. I really don't want to be sick for the second week of school!

No comments: