Monday, September 1, 2008

Welcome to Kinder C



okay guys I'm 2-for-2 on the Monday update thing. We'll see how well I keep this up.

School last week was crazy, with Monday cancelled because of the strike, this is how the week went: Tuesday: half day, Wednesday: full day, Thursday: half day, Friday: full day. And because it was the first week, we hadn't started with any actual lessons, but were instead teaching the kids how to line up in a straight line, how to flush the toilet, how to raise their hands, how to use glue without making a huge mess etc. But if you know me at all, you know I need more structure than that. I have a hard time when I don't have specific things I'm supposed to be teaching. Plus, the kid I mentioned in the last post has turned out to be quite a handful indeed. So all that said, last week was not the greatest.

The weekend was fun, though! Bertha, who lives upstairs from us took me and my roommates grocery shopping on Saturday, which is always fun (except when you check out and see that you are spending 1,900L!!) Then I stayed home in the afternoon getting some work done and catching up on some phone calls. Then Anna, Corrie and I went out to La Creperia for dinner, a cute little crepe cafe, which was delicious as usual. Sunday, I went to church downtown and then met up with the roomies and Bertha for lunch before coming back home to a somewhat productive, very rainy afternoon.

Today was so much better as far as school goes! We were having actual classes and the kids had real work to do, which was great. Plus, they had Bible, Music and Library today which meant that I finally got some free time during the day... yay!

Ok, I promised pictures, so let me give you a few of the kiddos...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

is that a big giant pencil hanging from your wall???

cute kids! :)